5 Things About Throne of Glass

9:08:00 AM


"Nothing is a coincidence. Everything has a purpose. You were meant to come to this castle, just as you were meant to be an assassin."

When magic has gone from the world, and a vicious king rules from his throne of glass, an assassin comes to the castle. She does not come to kill, but to win her freedom. If she can defeat twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition to find the greatest assassin in the land, she will become the King's Champion and be released from prison.

Her name is Celaena Sardothien.

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her.

And a princess from a foreign land will become the one thing Celaena never thought she'd have again: a friend.

But something evil dwells in the castle—and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying, horribly, one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival—and a desperate quest to root out the source of the evil before it destroys her world.

Series: Throne Of Glass #1
Pages: 404
Author: Sarah J. Maas

Celaena has an awesome backstory
In case you didn't know, I adore backstories. No. I love backstories. They are what makes up a character, what shapes them into who they are, their personality, their actions, even what they look like has all been shaped because of backstories. Celaena is the perfect example! Her backstory is not only super interesting, but it is also connected to her(unlike in other books) It is very clear how her past effects her now. Which is fabulous for meee!

Celaena Is My Favorite Character
Her personality is perfection. I heard from other reviews and such, that she is a bad-ass. She is. But the nice thing is, she is also human. Usually when you hear about these bad-ass characters, you expect someone who is always strong and powerful, etc. etc. What I like about Celeana is that although she is super strong, brave, and smart. she also has her own human personality. I was scared she would show no emotion and honestly be a bit bland and boring, however that wasn't the case! I was still able to connect with her, and I loved reading about her! Also the backstory thing applies to her personality too!

 There Is A Love Triangle But It's Still Small
So there definitely is a bit of a love triangle in the book, but it is still growing. Throughout the book you see how each of them begin to realize their feelings for each other. At the end of the book it gets stronger and it will definitely make up some of the second book, in this case it isn't a super big deal yet.


It Really Is An Introduction To The Series
In my opinion everything that happens is building up to the next book. In this book we spend time getting introduced to the characters and the setting, it helps you understand the relationships between the characters, and shows you everyone's roles in the story. Also I think everything that happens is all building up to the rest of the series. In other words this book is sort of like the introduction and rising action,whereas the next books will be more of the climax(or I could be horribly wrong and just rambling about lies)  I think it is similar to the love triangle in that way.

The Ending Was The Best Part
In the ending there is tons of action, as expected. I love action, action is what keeps me going, it is my life(food is also my life) The ending has lots of it, which is great because it means the next books will also have lots of it. The very, very ending itself wasn't exactly action-packed, but it definitely promised some in the next book!

Final Rating:


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm glad you liked this one! :D I adored it and the sequel, Crown of Midnight SO SO MUCH. But I'm one of the unsatisfied weirdos who isn't really in love with the series anymore. gAH. SHAME ON ME. I do so love how Celanea is all kick butt and epic but she still love books and chocolate and cake?!? Like SERIOUSLY SHE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I love that about her. <3

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram

Subscribe