5 Things About Sea Of Shadows

2:47:00 PM


In the Forest of the Dead, where the empire’s worst criminals are exiled, twin sisters Moria and Ashyn are charged with a dangerous task. For they are the Keeper and the Seeker, and each year they must quiet the enraged souls of the damned.

Only this year, the souls will not be quieted.

Ambushed and separated by an ancient evil, the sisters’ journey to find each other sends them far from the only home they’ve ever known. Accompanied by a stubborn imperial guard and a dashing condemned thief, the girls cross a once-empty wasteland, now filled with reawakened monsters of legend, as they travel to warn the emperor. But a terrible secret awaits them at court—one that will alter the balance of their world forever.


Author: Kelly Armstrong
Pages: 406



I was constantly on edge, wondering what will happen next.

I found the plot very interesting, the whole concept of the book was actually quite good! I really enjoyed the story of the keeper and seeker, I thought it was quite interesting that they protected the people from angry spirits. Although there is probably a similar book out there somewhere, I haven't read one. The whole concept of the book was quite new to me and I definitely enjoyed it! The action came somewhat fast in the book and things worked up to it nicely, which was awesome(because a book without action shouldn't be a book at all)  Once things sped up they didn't slow down. There were some quiet moments throughout the book, but I was still wary as I was unsure when the next creature would attack!

The characters weren't amazing.
Although I enjoyed the story, my love for the characters wasn't that deep(How deep is your love? Is it like the ocean...*continues singing quietly*) I wasn't exactly the biggest fans of their personality's. Moria: She was supposed to be the bold one, the one who always wanted to fight. Usually I don't mind characters like that, honestly I look up to them and think, wow they are fabulous. However Moria was a little too forced for me. Her decisions always seemed based on her sister, and although she was constantly trying to protect Ashyn, I found it a little frustrating how much 'better' she was. Though some of her awesomeness was there and in the end I did enjoy her! Ashyn: I felt as though Ashyn was constantly in Moria's shadow. Ashyn was the weak one, the one who preferred to be alone. I don't enjoy that. I felt bad for her and wanted her to stand up for herself, To be like "Hey, I'm here too and I'm not a weak little girl!" I enjoyed Ashyn because in someways she reminds me of myself, but she would definitely be better if she stood up for herself. 

I will definitely be reading more from Kelly Armstrong.

I adored the writing in this book. I have always known about Kelly Armstrong since she is such a popular author. However I've never been compelled to read any of her books. You're probably thinking, "Well why did you read this book then?"(be patient my child, let me explain) So, I was watching some booktube(because I love it) When somebody showed this book in their haul. I can't remember who, since it was back in March. But it caught my eye, once they explained what it was about I was hooked, I knew I had to buy it! I read it and loved it! I read the second book too, which of course was just as fabulous, now I'm just waiting for the third!

The romance was there, but yet... not?
Yes there was definitely some love interest, although it remained neutral throughout the book. Kind of like it was backstage, obviously there, but not really doing anything yet. This was something that I didn't see a lot in other books, usually the romance is either very obvious and acted upon, or one person has feelings for the other but do nothing(which kills me EVERY tine) In this story both sisters had some sort of love interest, each of the people they liked were drawn to them as well. But nothing happened! AAA! Maybe more will happen in the next book... which I already know about but you don't!

Plot Twist you say?
I won't say much about this, because spoilers suck. But what I will say is it is BIG, and heart-wrenching. I will not reveal when it happens, as I do consider that as a partial spoiler, and other might feel the same. What I will say is, Read The Book.

                                                 Final Rating:




Have you read this book? Are you planning too? Comment Below!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram

Subscribe